Dermal fillers are a facial enhancement and rejuvenation treatment for those who wish to smooth wrinkles, fill in furrows around the mouth, or add volume to the cheeks, lips, and around the eyes. Fillers are administered via injection to ‘fill in’ facial folds and wrinkles, thus providing enhanced volume, plumpness and definition, especially in ageing skin.
These products can produce effective results with minimal downtime and discomfort, making them attractive as a stand-alone treatment, and they can also be combined with other anti-wrinkle injections, lasers, skin care products or surgery as part of a tailored program. It is important to ensure that dermal fillers are chosen and administered to suit your individual needs after an assessment
What They Treat
- Facial lines and creases
- Furrows between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Furrows and sagging at the corners of the mouth (marionette lines)
- Volume loss or thinning of the lips
- Poor shape or definition of the lips
- Smokers’ lines or lipstick bleed lines which run vertically around the mouth
- Hollowness or circles under the eyes
- Flat cheek bones or cheek furrows
- Poorly defined cheeks, jawline, chin and nose
How does it work?
Dermal filler is a smooth injectable gel containing hyaluronic acid designed to replace the hyaluronic acid you have lost.
How soon can you see the results?
You will see immediate results from dermal filler injections.
Are there any side effects?
Reported side effects from dermal fillers include: injection site redness, pain, swelling, firmness, lumps and bumps, bruising, itching or discoloration. In the vast majority of cases, these effects are temporary and should resolve within a week.
How long does the treatment last?
The effects of dermal fillers can last anywhere between 9 and 24 months, depending on what product has been used. Both the brand and the thickness will impact how long the filler.